Friday, October 1, 2010

Small Things Will Make Great Things Come To Pass...


How can these small little people/babies of mine bring me such great joy. No one can touch me straight to the heart as they can-and with just one word, just one touch, just one smile or hug.

Today wasn't one of my greatest days to date-but there was one special moment that made everything I did today worth it...Tavin likes to make up songs and sing them at the top of his lungs-it really doesn't matter where he is-or who is around-he has no reserve or shame. Today was like any other day-he found his pedestal to sing on-the treadmill-and began bellowing out his latest song-I could only pick out bits and pieces of his masterpiece....mommy...daddy....I'm getting bigger....once there was a snowman....and then the line that brought me back to life-"my mommy is so beautiful...."
I was watching him-as he insists I always do-trying to make animated expressions to encourage him and show him I liked the song-but when he said those simple words....I started to cry (I know, I know I am a dork!). Thank you Heavenly Father for giving me these little people-my little babies-to remind me that I am beautiful and loved. I needed that to today.....from small things-great things come to pass.

P.S. Tavin immediately stopped singing to ask if mommy was ok.... "mommy, u ok? It's ok sweetheart:)" I reassured him I loved his song and that I was just fine....so he continued on as before.

1 comment:

Tara said...

That is so sweet. I know what you mean about the little things they do touching your heart. I think I know where he gets it-you know, making up random songs all the time. =)