Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall Is My Favorite!

Family Trip to Corn Belly's-Katie in the Corn Pit
Finding the "perfect one" for Katie

Tavin Amid all the pumpkins and a few of these stalk like things....he liked this one for some reason and wanted a picture with it-I am sure it made the stalk feel good to be noticed:)

The colors turning on the trees-one of our recent hikes near our house

I Love Fall the best out of all the seasons....the smell of the cooling of the air, the changing of the colors, spices, pumpkins, looming holiday season, coziness, beautiful sunsets, smell of fireplaces....I could go on and on-I just like it a lot. Too bad that here in Idaho it only really lasts for a couple of weeks before the snow shows up.... speaking of which the forecast for Monday is 45 degrees and snow.

We went pumpkin picking yesterday and carried on the Smith tradition of starting a pile of all the pumpkins we think are good ones-after searching high and low for them-then lining them up-and choosing the bestest from the pile. When we were younger, my dad would take us out to a real pumpkin patch-on a wagon ride-then allow us to go through this process until we found our perfect one...as long as we could carry it all the way back to the wagon-hold it for the wagon ride-and haul it to the checkout stand, it was ours:) I remember hefting some pretty big pumpkins! Had to take breaks as I was walking back to the wagon. I hope that my children will grow up having fond memories of this tradition like I have!

No comments: