Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Paul Mitchell Academy and Hair Raising Craziness!





For one of the Young Women activities I was in charge of-we took the girls to the Paul Mitchell Hair Academy for a little presentation on confidence as well as some crazy styled up-dos. The girls has a lot of fun and hopefully they learned something too!

The Hair dressers taught the girls how to do affirmations-and encouraged them to do it each day when they got out of bed. An affirmation is saying something about yourself that is positive-whether it is something you are working on being better at- for example:I am a punctual person (most moms know that when you have kids, being on time is definitely a hard thing to master-I am working on it:)
Or it can be something you truly feel you are good at- an example would be:I am an empathetic person (well I would like to think so).... This helps build confidence in the person you are and the person you want to work towards becoming.

Try it!

No comments: