Thursday, July 22, 2010

In Other News...


And As for the rest of us:

Tavin has been SPOILED to be able to see his grandparents every other week it seems these last couple months and we LOVE it! I have thoroughly enjoyed being able to see my parents more and to share my kids with them. Speaking of visits: they are due for one this weekend as a matter of fact for the Idaho Falls Air show and Pioneer Days Rodeo:) (watch for those pictures to come-I am sure they will be good ones!) He is such a lover and always has a hug for his mommy. He knows how to manipulate me too-last night he didn't want to go to bed, and after trying other methods with Dan of getting out of his room with no success, he plays his "I want to cuddle with my mommy for a little bit please"-card-and I melt. How can I give up a chance to hold my little boy (he isn't so little anymore-he's like a brick to pick up:) His new thing right now is to race-he likes to race everywhere. Or to have mommy or daddy chase him as he squeals down the hallway!

Me: the most recent news is that I am running my first 5K with my sisters Kimberly and Krisha in August and I am really excited. It has been one of my goals these last couple months as I've been getting back in shape. Oh by the way-I killed my goal weight-smashed it actually-and can now report that I am 117 and fit into a size 5/6. Don't worry-I am doing it all HEALTHILY! (Is that a word? Well it is now) I actually eat a ton-just of the right kind of stuff. Oh-let me tell you about this yummy snack Dan and I now eat-Graham crackers with frozen fat free cool whip in between-YUMMMM-I promise you will love it. P.S. losing the weight has taken me 6 and a half months! It didn't just melt off on its own (don't we all wish!)

Daniel: He is very much into getting debt free (not that we are in a lot of debt by the way) and has read Dave Ramsey's book, A Money Makeover as well as one recommended by an old college friend-Five Lessons I Learned From A Millionaire. Both books are actually really good and highly motivating-we recommend them! We now are in the process of selling out car to get our of car loans (from now on we will be buying our cars in cash) And once that is done, we will be debt free other than our house. It is a good goal to work towards. He has a softball final tonight and has done really well this year. (Other than the fly ball that he tried to catch with his face:)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow!!! You've been busy doing SO many FUN things! Congrats on reaching your weight goal (I want to see a picture of ya)...its making me VERY motivated to eat well and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight with Audrey (I've got 15 lbs to loose). I'd LOVE any advice you have to give:) Your kids are SO stinkin' CUTE...and growing up SO fast! And I love that you have 2 red-heads:)
We're going to be up in Utah for 2 and half months (starting in September)...so if you are ever in the SLC area, let me know and we'll get together!