Monday, January 31, 2011

"We Love to See The Temple..."





To finish off the Christmas pictures from this year-as part of our visit in UT we were able to go and visit Temple Square in Salt Lake City. This is the first time the kids have been there and both Tavin and Katie were in awww of the beauty of the lights. My sister Karey pointed out as we were walking that it was special to be there almost 5 years after Dan and I got married at the Salt Lake Temple-with our children.

One of my favorite parts of our visit was seeing the Statue of Christ in the visitors center...Tavin knew exactly who it was and stood and just took it all in for a few minutes. I know that Jesus Christ knows and loves my children and they know him.
One other thing that touched my heart while we were walking through the visitors center was a picture of Mary outside the tomb when Jesus was first resurrected....I can only imagine the feelings she must have had at seeing her son-just days before hanging on a cross in agony- now resurrected and well. As a mother, I feel for her and the life she led. She was an amazing person.

No comments: