Friday, February 4, 2011

Good One Dad:)


I couldn't help but smile as I overheard the conversation that was taking place in our bathroom between Daniel and Tavin tonight....It went something like this:


Dan: Are you ready to brush your teeth

Tavin: I don't want to brush my teeth dad!

Dan: If you don't brush your teeth Tavin they will fall out!

Tavin: They will fall out if I don't brush them???

Dan: Yep!

Tavin: You teeth fall out daddy?

Dan: No-because I brush my teeth

Tavin: OK I will brush my teeth so they will stay in

I guess you gotta do what ya gotta do to get your kid to brush his teeth but I have a feeling I will be hearing from Tavin about "his teeth falling out" for years after this conversation:)

While on the subject of Tavin he has been sick with a fever among other things including lots of snott and congestion-I read recently about helping to stop caughing and congestion in the night by putting Vicks Vapor Rub for Kids on the bottom of their feet. So at night, I put Vicks on his feet-telling him that I am putting "magic on his feet" he loved this concept and when Daniel went to do it for him-he said: "U putting magic on my feet dad?" Dan looked up at me and I quickly explained-he just smiled and nodded yes:)

No comments: