Friday, April 9, 2010

Thank U Concerned Neighbor But There is Nothing to Worry About Here

I am up a little earlier this morning since Katie decided she isn't tired anymore-she is jumping her little heart out in her jumparoo right now. And what better way to start off the day than a firm knock at the door. Thinking that Dan left something and was returning for a quick pick up-I opened the door (in my fluffy purple bathrobe and bed head hair) to find a police officer standing there.

He was coming to inform me that a neighbour called in a complaint about Tuff (our dog) being neglected! While we were visiting my mom and dad in UT we had one of our friends come and put Tuff in and out so that he wouldn't have to sit and stare at the kitchen wall all day long. I guess one day it snowed while he was out there and that was neglect. I just stared at the officer for a second and then said as nicely as I could " As you can see (Tuff was at the door with me) my dog is very healthy-even a little too fat-and VERY happy-so there isn't any problem here! Next time they call to complain-please remind them to mind their own business." The officer laughed and stated that he could see Tuff was just fine and that he was well taken care of but he had to make contact when a complaint was made.

I know that it must be a neighbor who doesn't know us-because of they did, they would know how well I treat my pets and what good care/love he receives. I told Dan that maybe I should put a sign out side saying-Dog neglectors live here! Or maybe I should bake the neighbor I know called- a plate of dog bone shaped cookies...

Ok now that I am done venting-I can move on...Katie is now dosing off in her bouncer so I am off to catch a little more shut eye before Tavin gets up. Thank you concerned Neighbor but there is nothing to worry about here.

No comments: