Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Special Blessing


Katies Great Grandma Made this outfit!
Katie Lynn Bauman was blessed this past Sunday January 3rd 2010. It was a great way to start off the new year. Tons of family came to help celebrate with us, and Daniel gave our little girl a wonderful blessing:

Katie I bless you with a sound physical and mental health throughout your life
To be a light in the world
To know you are loved by family and by your Heavenly Father
To live worthily so that you can marry for eternity in the temple to a young man who is just as worthy as you are
I was able to share my testimony since it was fast Sunday-here is what I remember of what I said for those who were not there:
I had a dream the night before the blessing that I wasn't going to make it and I ran as fast as I could to be there because it was so important to me. My Husband and children are the most important thing in in my life. I am grateful for my heritage-for being born into the church and for being raised in the gospel by faithful parents. I am grateful for Daniel and the choices that he has made so that we could marry for eternity in the temple-that our family will be together forever-that he is worthy to hold the priesthood and give my children blessings. I am grateful for the parents who have raised him-what a good job they have done. I have never felt that I have really excelled in anything particular in life-such as sports or academics-I have always been mediocre in those things-but once I started having children-I know my calling in this life was to be a mom-and I am grateful for that gift-the special gift of motherhood. My children know God and testify of him through all they do. I am grateful for the teachers in nursery who teach Tavin-it is such a joy to hear him pray and to share what he has learned. As we passed the temple the other day, he pointed to it and said-temple mommy! I didn't even know he knew what it was! And I am grateful for all those who have made an effort to come and be with us to bless Katie. I know it was not an easy task to get everyone here. And Last I testify of the truthfulness of this gospel. Everything that is good in my life has come from following what I know to be true. I am grateful to be at a point in my life where I know that there is so much more to this life than material and worldly things. I am thankful for Joseph Smith and all those who sacrificed to help the church succeed. I say these things in the mane of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments: