Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Introducing The Newest Member Of The Bauman Family...


So as most of you know-we had a dog named Luna-a black lab/border collie mix that we adore, but she spent last summer at Daniel's parents' house while we were planting new grass and putting in a new sprinkler system. The plan was to bring her home when the ground froze. At Christmas time, we talked to Daniel's dad and decided that Luna would be very unhappy to come back to a place where she couldn't run free all the time like she can on the farm. She also has a playmate there, a dog named Hobbs, that she runs with. I decided to give Luna to Larry, Daniel's dad. Luna goes on long walks with him daily and rides in his truck around the farm as much as possible-she is his shadow. I know Larry loves Luna (in a manly kind of way) and will take very good care of her.


That brings us back to Saint Anthony without a dog. Now I know it doesn't make sense to most people why I think I need another dog when I have 2 young children to give my love and attention to but if you know me really well, you know that my life wouldn't be complete without animals in it. Ever since I was young, I have had a bond with animals that I can't quite explain. Let me put it this way, one of my favorite things about Heaven is: the wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie with the kid, and the calf and the young lion together; and a little child shall lead them. Daniel understands this fact about me and so we began to research a small breed that would be good for our way of living.


Last night we found one of the breeds we liked and went to go take a look at him. Well to make an already long story shorter-he is the newest member of our family. His name is TUFF and he is a Pembroke Corgi. He is 4 years old and is already potty trained, house trained, and knows all the basic commands. He does not bark, is not aggressive in anyway, and is an inside dog for the most part. Can I tell you that we hit the gold mine with this little guy.


I LOVE him already. He follows me every where and we are already good friends. This morning I took him for a walk after feeding Katie and he made me laugh so hard-jumping in and out of snow banks-one minute you see him and then next he is gone. He would always come when I called. I am so glad we were able to give him a home where he is sure to be loved unconditionally. He is conked out on the floor by my feet right now from all the excitement of his first day. (He even went for a drive with Dan and Tavin as they ran errands tonight.)

2 comments:

Parry's :) said...

Tuff is so cute!!! That's wonderful you found him and potty trained! so hard with little ones in the house, I know! He looks fun, can't wait to meet him, I just love animals too! :)

DK said...

Such a CUTE doggy! I love seeing the videos! I can't believe how big tavy is! I need Brian to show me how to add video's! Thats so cool! I miss you guys!!