Monday, July 18, 2011

Enjoying the New Space

I wondered where my kids had gone to when things got quiet around the house-they had decided to try out the new shower-break it in for Dan and me:) Actually I thought it was pretty cute-Tavin was reading books to Katie and Dora. We read three books every afternoon before nap time and 3 books before bed time at night so he has most of our books memorized. He even does it in the same kind of voices that I do it in:)



Tavin has been saying the cutest things lately-always when I need a good laugh. The other day he did poop and pointed out that it was an ice cream poop....when I asked him what that meant-he told me to look in the toilet-I did and-my gosh- it was an ice cream poop-shaped just like a soft serve ice cream swirled to the top:) (Sorry if this is a little graphic for some!)


Since we have been potty training lately-we have spent lots of time in the bathroom-another instance-he wasn't able to get his pee to come out: "mom why isn't my pee coming out?" Mom: "It just isn't ready yet I guess..." Tavin:Oh does it still have to get dress?" I busted up laughing at this point because he put two and two together...when i say lets get ready to go out-I usually mean -let's get dressed and brush our hair and teeth so we can go run errands or go to the park, etc. So he applied this meaning to his pee as well:)


We were in Subway and there was a table full of police officers-while Dan and I waited in line-Tavin decided to go and talk to them-I heard bits and pieces of the conversation: "Hi my name is Tavin....are you police men? .....I am going to go swimming with my grandma today......OK well bye... make sure and go catch the bad guys so they won't hurt anyone!" :)


We were attending a family reunion on Dan's side of the family and one of the uncles there had a bit of a belly, I saw Tavin staring at him for a while and then all of the sudden he went up to him and pointed at his stomach..."Are you going to have a baby??" I almost died! Kids can be a little too honest sometimes. Luckily the Uncle just laughed and said "nope I am just fat"and they both laughed together. Maybe I should have a talk with Tavin about who has babies and who doesn't....as well as things we should ask and things we should keep to ourselves:)

No comments: