Thursday, December 3, 2009

Smiles and Giggles


This is Katie's favorite position to be in when we put her to sleep-hold her underneath her arms and bounce her up and down gently. Funny huh!

Update on our Katie bug: Katie is quite the drama queen already. She has a fake cough as well as s fake cry at 2 months! These are what she uses when she wants us to pay attention to her or when she wants us to feel bad for her:) She is now smiling and cooing and I love it! She stays awake longer now and Tavin joins in when I talk and play with her. She can be crying and as soon as Tavin starts talking to her-lays down beside her-she stops and listens. She loves her big brother. Today I cuddled her in my arms while she was sleeping...so still and peaceful. I know when she smiles in her sleep she is dreaming about Heaven and where she used to live-probably wishing she was there again-but I am so glad she is here on earth with me!

A Laugh: The other day, Daniel and I got to laughing because she had a massive blow out! She eats a ton, and thus, she poops a ton. This one was so bad that it went all the way up her back. I didn't want to attempt taking it off of her so....we came up with a plan just to cut her out of the onesie with scissors. Oh the fun of parenthood.

The definition of Sacrifice-if you want to learn what that word really means, have children. I think that Heavenly Father intends on children being helpless when they first come to earth so that we can build a bond with them through sacrificing everything for them. Don't get me wrong, the rewards are just as abundant. Their smiles, their giggles, their cuddling, and expressions of love-make it all worth it. The things that are worth the most are the things you give the most for.

1 comment:

Parry's :) said...

Oh boy, do I ever remember those! haha Iolly had the worst blow outs ever, it must be the nursing! Never had problems like that with the other two and they were bottle fed. That is soooo funny that you cut the onsie off! I never could do that, lol! We have a couple of pictures of Iolly in girl clothes because we never packed enough extra clothes when we went to visit family, poor guy! :)