Sunday, October 4, 2015

What I Know For Sure

"What I know for sure"
During her talk show, Opera would often ask her guests "what do you know for sure in your life?" This simple question struck me as being the anchor of knowledge that keeps an individual afloat during the inevitable storms of life.....and so I ask myself, "what do I know for sure?"

I know Brownies are divine
I know bubble baths are ultimate relaxation
I know the value of a good book
I know hugs are comforting
I know smiles are powerful
I know that I love fall-the smell, the sweaters, the colors, the hot chocolate
I know Fireflies are beautiful as they light up the night
I know accomplishing goals is fulfilling
I know my body is miraculous and can do way more than I ever imagined it could do
I know that we are more than just physical beings, we are spirits
I know the music I choose to listen to has an affect on my mood and thoughts
I know Satan is very real and that he tells us lies to slowly deceive and lure us into darkness
I know there is joy in choosing good and sorrow in choosing sin
I know Everyone needs to love and to be loved
I know that Love is an active word
I know that Kindness goes a long way
I know we are often the answers to each others' prayers, there is joy in service
I know that you can't lick your wound and expect it to heal
I know to not forgive is to rot inside
I know Life is about families
I know there is truth/reason in a marriage between a man and a woman-each has a specific and distinct purpose
I know I am meant to be a mom
I know that Children bring an indescribable happiness into my life like nothing else does
I know I love my children and that they were sent to me as a gift from my Heavenly Father to love me in this life
I know families can be forever-this life is not the end
I know God is unchanging and loves perfectly
I know that God blesses us with tender mercies numerous times a day to show us he loves us
I know there is no such things as coincidences
I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has the fullness of the Gospel on earth
I know that there is a living prophet and apostles that guide our church today
I know I will never be perfect but there is hope to overcome weaknesses and make them strong
I know that depression is a way Satan tries to get us to loath ourselves
I know I have a purpose
He knows my name....he knows me
I know God answers prayer-he is aware of me and hears my pleas
I know that life is hard but there is a way through
I know that my trials and how I handle them shape who I am

Most importantly:
I know there is a God
I know he has a son, my brother, who died for me to provide a way for me to repent and become better and live with him in Celestial Glory some day

I challenge you to make your list of the things "you know for sure"

No comments: