Saturday, October 10, 2015

Super Six

Today My Katie Girl Turns 6 years old. All I can say is....I LOVE THIS LITTLE GIRL! She is so thoughtful, bright, spunky, and full of surprises. Two events in the past few weeks really show who Katie is.
Katie came up to me a week ago and said: "Mom I want to ride my bike" Dan had taken off the training wheels in the spring but we had not practiced much.
Me: "OK, we need to practice a lot-I can help you."
Later that day she spent a lot of time practicing outside by herself. She came in with a huge smile on her face and asked if I could come outside for a second. When I walked out, she was on her bike riding around giggling and laughing as I cheered her on. She taught herself in one day! When I asked her how she did it she said: "I just trusted in my heart that I could do it-and I did mom!" Now she asks Dan to take her on bike rides. After her first one with him, he asked if she liked it she said "It was better than I thought! I loved it!" She is determined and persistent and I am excited for her future.
Yesterday-While I was cleaning to get the house ready for her family party (we are making yummy caramel apples upon her request:) She quietly snuck into my room and made my bed-knowing that I was going to go do it soon. And on the bed-was a sweet note : "To mom and dad-I LOVE U. Zoo, Museum, From Katie." (she had recently told us she wants to go to the zoo and museum with us:) She has such a soft heart! and is always thinking of others.
We are so much a like in our love of creating-she draws and creates every day-and in most cases-what she creates is for someone else. She loves to give gifts!
She is a wonderful gymnast and is graceful and beautiful. She is the youngest in her class but holds her own and keeps up with the others. She got an award for most improved gymnast because her progress from the beginning to the end of class last year was so drastic. Her teacher said "She was so determined and worked so hard-she would come in and tell me I am going to do a Valdez today and would do it!"
Her prayers often take a while because she is all encompassing:) Even our dog (especially our dog) is included:)
She is beautiful with her unique red hair and face full of freckles...She is so filled with life and love and such spirit! Happy Birthday SWEET girl!




No comments: