Sunday, August 4, 2013

In The Dog Days Of Summer






 Scout Hollow Falls: On the Fourth of July My sister Krisha and her cute family came with our family on a hike in the mountains of Utah. The boys seem to like hiking more this year and Katie only had a few break downs on the way up:) She was devastated when I told her she would have to go potty in the bushes cause there were no bathrooms. She only agreed to do it when I told her it would make the flowers happy! Krisha and I are determined to make hikers out of our families yet-we love it so they need to love it too:)
 I carried in our hiking pack-she took a little nap on the way down-this is her enjoying a little snack at the top. I loved listening to all the cooing and jabbering she did as we walked along. She has always loved being outside.
 The hikers that made it to the top:) Katie was playing in the dirt as usual and smudged it all over her face
 Cool little bridges along the hike-the kids liked this part
 Tavin, Katie, and Cousins took up a new hobby of finding, befriending, collecting, and returning Rollie Pollies this summer:) This is Katie's-she brought it in to show me and was mesmerized by it's ability to curl up in a ball when she touched it-acting like it was dead-and then undoing itself a little later-when he thought the coast was clear! Ahhh the wonders of the earth. I think he was lucky that he made it out of our  house alive-I kept having to remind her to hold it carefully in her hand or she would squish it.
 Olivia became a big fan of the swing this summer-whenever we go to the parks by our house-she points in their direction and insists on getting in to be pushed. She giggles the whole time! Daniel can really get her laughing.

 One night while I was at work, Daniel sent me this text....he informed me that the him and the kids were camping and roasting marshmallows.....in our play room:) They slept in the tent that night and ate smores they cooked over our stove. What a fun Daddy they have. We hope to take them camping for real before the weather changes again.


Since it has been so hot in Utah this summer-usually in the 100's,  we have enjoyed lots of ice cream. Livy thinks it is pretty yummy:) 

No comments: