Sunday, August 4, 2013

First Day Of Kindergarten..."MOM IT WAS AWESOME"

Tavin started Kindergarten on Friday and he was so ready for it! When we went to meet his teacher the week before, she gave us a special note to open the night before the first day of school. It was special confetti that you sprinkled under your pillow and over your bed so that you would sleep well and have good dreams about school for the next day. He was all about sprinkling the magic confetti EVERYWHERE-he even woke up with it in his hair. Katie thought it was awesome too and got to put some under her pillow-she said it was magic fairy dust.
 His Aunt Chrissy and his cousins Madison and Brendon have not started school yet so they got up bright and early to come over and see him off on his first day. They brought him special chocolate cereal-which we don't have at our house-and a new first day outfit. He looked so handsome.
 Grandma and Grandpa also came to walk him to school-it is just down the street from our house. He was happy to have them there. Can you tell he is excited!
 First day of school lucky kiss from Grandma
 Superheroes back pack
 East Lake Elementary School-here comes Tavin!
 Him and his very proud parents
 His teacher-Ms. Sperry-She is new this year and seems to have a lot of good ideas/very organized. I have great hopes for her and think she will be a perfect teacher for Tavin. Chrissy mentioned she looks like she is straight out of High School-but I am glad to get someone who is excited and energetic about teaching.
 Waiting -lining up for class
Getting a last kiss goodbye and an "I love you Tavin Boy!" from mom. I know he will do great-I have no worries whatsoever. It is mommy who was sad to see him go-just because it means he is growing older-time is passing-time that I will never relive again. I was happy he still thought it was cool for me to give him a kiss though-he even blew me one right before he went inside. It helped my heart to be OK:) When I picked him up-I don't think he stopped talking from the minute he got to me until we walked in the door at home. He was so very excited to tell me that his school has it's own library! And that he made a book in class. He also told me they do this cool thing where his teacher says 1, 2, 3-eyes on me! And then he and his classmates get to say: 1,2,3 eyes on you! :) And of course he made a friend with the girl that sits next to him. He said he liked her because she made monkey sounds with him when they were taping a picture of a monkey on the books they made in class! And so it begins-the long road of education-I don't think he really knows what he has gotten himself into;) One day I will have to remind him that he wanted to go to school and loved being there-but until that day comes-I will enjoy watching him jump for joy when he gets to go.

No comments: