Sunday, August 4, 2013

Arts and Crafts...What We Do to Stay Out of the Heat

 As I mentioned before, there have been quite a few days that the weather has been super hot! In the 100's. On days we aren't swimming, going to the library, playing at Mcdonalds play place, or doing some other indoor activity around town, we do artsy stuff!:) I love that my kids like to create and I had to share some of the things they thought up, made, and given me as gifts. These are some of the best gifts a mother could ask for! Above is a love bracelet that Tavin created for me. He cut the paper, measured it to my wrist, drew the hearts and then taped it to me. He was very proud of it and super happy that I wore it the whole day-even to the store:) I loved it!
 Katie loves her cousin Madison-they have to stick together with all the boys in our family-Olivia will be joining their girls club quite soon-and one thing they do when they are together is make pretty pictures-or in this case-"mixed media" collages and art:) Madison asked if they could use some of my scraps from my scrapbooking paper-they must have been busy creating for at least an hour. These are the final pieces that now hang for all to see on my fridge. Katies is on the left and Madison's on the right. As you can see, Katie even had Maddi help her take some crayons to the page to add color and style:)
 Both my kids have hit the stage where they make little Alien-like people representing their family and friends. Tavin drew the above picture of me and him watching a movie together. The Black figures are us in the movie we are watching-we are superheros that protect the world-Tavin is the bigger one and he is fighting the bad guy...I am his mighty side kick-he explained all this to me after giving me the picture. I love that he drew me in my favorite color and him in his. He apologized for my arms being a little funny looking but I assured him that it was perfect-I even posed in the same position to show him it was indeed "quite normal" :)
 This picture is Katie's interpretation of our family and she informed me we are sitting in church:) Hers take on a jelly fish-like look. Guess which one I am....yep the red one:) I am not sure what is up with my tummy though....she has been obsessed with telling me that I am pregnant with her little brother-so maybe that is me pregnant. ( p.s. I am not pregnant:)
 Close up of Katie's collage so you can all see the details


I had to take a picture of this one because I think it is so sweet. Madison knows that Katie loves princesses so she created this poster to give to Katie to put over her bed in her room:) Katie loves it just as much as she loves Madison and shows everyone who comes over. Katie even prays that Madison will come play when it is her turn to say prayer at night. We sometimes do cheers right before we put them to bed and her's usually has something to do with loving Madison! I hope they stay the best of friends as they grow up.

No comments: