Friday, November 19, 2010

Marshmallow Fondant




Buzz LightYear Spaceship

This is my very first attempt at making a birthday cake that was more than a square boxed cake with frosting from a can....and I have to say I am very happy with how it came out. In Daniel's words : " Wow this came out really good-usually things we try to make don't turn out looking anything like what we planned" :) Tavin Loved his cake and when he saw it he yelled: "MY SPECIAL CAKE!" His smile and joy made all the work of making the cake worth it.
My good friend Catherine showed me how to make marshmallow fondant-a lot easier than I thought it would be-and a lot of fun-kind of like edible play-doh-very sugary play-doh-the recipe consists of a whole bag of mini marshmallows and a 2 lb bag of confectionery sugar.

Lets just say it is very yummy cake! More on Tavin's Birthday fun to come...

1 comment:

DK said...

Your cake turned out so good!!!! I'm sorry I missed his birthday! I love that little boy and can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!!
Deneese