Monday, June 28, 2010

The Walmart Scare

We went for one of our usual trips to good old Walmart the other day and as we were standing in line to checkout, Dan realized that he forgot to get something. So, he went off to get it and Tavin followed along behind. Well Dan came back a couple minutes later with the item but no Tavin.

When I asked where Tavin was, Dan responded that he didn't even know that Tavin had come with him! We immediately got out of line and started searching for him....in the toy section, at the fishies, between clothes racks...it had been ten minutes and I started to tear-up. Someone has taken my sweet innocent little boy...he could have started talking to any stranger and they could easily walk out with him-claiming him theirs forever! What kind of parents are we to lose him! Please Heavenly Father let me find him!

My heart was aching-all I wanted was my little boy...then I heard his voice-talking to someone at the customer service desk. Dan ran over and the lady explained that She found Tavin asking for his mom and dad and figured he could sit with her until one of us showed up. I immediately picked him up and squeezed the life out of him. Our conversation went like this:

Mommy: Tavin you scared mommy!
Tavin: I scare mommy? ROOAAAR!
Mommy: I didn't know where you were and it made mommy very sad.
Tavin: I was just hiding mommy!

For the rest of the trip-he stayed safely in my arms and my eyes stayed tear filled-as I tried to get over the whole episode.

3 comments:

Wheat Family said...

Oh Kendra! Hunter ran off once too. I nearly lost my mind! I'm so glad you found him quickly....I'm sure your heart couldn't take one more min!

Parry's :) said...

So scary! I haven't had that happen yet, hopefully I won't! When I hear code Adams at Walmart I always double check my kids and then walk slowly to see if I can help find the lost child. My heart aches for the parent searching,I can only imagine! Walmart is really cool about having a Code Adam, have you ever heard it? They actually have employees close the doors until the child is found, and all the employees are suppose to help out with the search. If that ever happens again (but hopefully it won't), tell an employee and they'll help you out! :)

Monica said...

scary! I hate it when stuff like that happens! So glad he is safe in your arms. His comments were priceless, I couldn't stop laughing.. I scare mommy roar! :)