Monday, June 28, 2010

Life Lesson Learned




We have been very busy these last couple weeks and mowing the lawn wasn't anywhere near the top of the list when it came to prioritizing what needed to be done....I didn't even think about it actually-I was enjoying the fact that the yard we seeded last summer is now growing like crazy...it was OK to just let it grow and look healthy right?

Then, I started to wonder if it might have been a mistake not to mow it when I saw the neighbors looking at our yard and whispering about it...it was getting a little long-our dog could lay in it and be invisible to the world-it was like his own little jungle. Well JUNGLE was right!

Both Dan and I had to use all our weight to push the dumb lawn mower down the rows as we took turns trying to cut the grass-and after ONE row...yes just one-I had to empty the bag. At times I was at a stand still because I couldn't push hard enough. And most times we had to go over the rows 2 times to get things cut even. It took 12 black trash bags of grass clippings to do the whole yard. And over 3+ hours.
No wonder the neighbors were pointing and whispering....I am sure they all were camped out at their windows watching me try and mow our jungle-getting a little comic relief out of it for the day!

Well lesson learned-we will put cutting the grass at the top of the list this time around. Now that I think about it, tomorrow sounds like a good day to cut it again:)

P.S. I mowed it it my bare feet and I looked like Shrek afterward.

No comments: