Tuesday, December 4, 2012

FivE yEAR oLD sUPER hEREO






Where does time go? One minute you are holding him in your arms at the hospital wondering what you are going to do with a baby...trying to concieve the fact that you are now his  mother, and the next thing you know, he is five years old.

I promised Tavin a super hero party and nothing could have suited him better. It was more planning and preparing than I had anticipated and thankfully my sister Krisha and my Sister-in-law Deedra were there to help in the 2 day long marathon to get everything done. We were especially proud of the spiderman cake! It took all three of us to get it right believe it or not.

All the planning and work it took was worth it when he belted out: "THIS IS THE BEST BIRTHDAY PARTY EVER!"

His facial expressions of surprise, excitement, wonderment, and joy were true to the core and my heart couldn't have been happier. As a parent, you get to live life over again through your children-and life the second time is just as good/if not better than the first. His happiness is my happiness.

What can I say about my precious Tavin....he is hope, sunlight, joy, spunk, wisdom, sensitivity, yet all boy- stuffed inside a handsome blue eyed, red haired- tiny little body. At times, I think he might burst with all that personality.

He lights up a room and people just can't help but love him when they meet him-they are drawn to him. The grumpiest person in the world doesn't stand a chance against Tavin. He is a friend to all. And I know his future holds big and amazing things.

Facts about Tavin:

He is the youngest one in his karate class-and is now a white belt with a yellow stripe
"I can't help but smile when I look at that kid.....he is so young, yet so bright!"-His Karate Master

He has a huge heart -and seems to know just when i need to hear an "I love u" or a " u look pretty mommy!"  He isnt ashamed to blow a kiss or give a hug and likes to write others thoughtful notes with a little help from mom or dad.

He is very intuitive and understands things that not many his age do-one night for family home evening, Daniel taught a lesson about the miracles Jesus performed in his life-he showed the kids a movie about Jesus healing the sick and helping the blinde to see, etc. The next day my sister told me about a conversation her and Tavin had while she was folding the Laundry: "Auntie.....I am excited for Jesus to come so that he will make your body perfect-you will be able to smell again!" (My sister does not have a sense of smell).

*Like his sister, he loves M&Ms and just recently decided apples are pretty good
*He can write all of his letters and we hope to have him reading by kindergarten
*He is a morning person like his dad-he cant wait for a new day with new adventures to begin
*A recent occurance:
he asks while brushing his hair and looking in the mirror: mom do i look handsome?
me: oh yes tavin very handsome
Tavin: well i hope not too handsome, then all the girls might chase me and want to kiss me! The older ones can run faster than me and will catch me! :)

He is going to be a charmer that is for sure....he has already charmed me!

Happy Birthday My Boy!





No comments: