Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tatphus Park Zoo Day







My mom came and visited for a couple days and we took the kids to a local zoo. I have to say I was pretty impressed with some of the bigger animals they had-we didn't think that it would be much other than birds and things like that.


But, there were lions and tigers, and bears:) (oh my!)-my mom and I really did say "OH MY!" at the size of the lions and tigers actually-it just didn't seem right to be up so close to something that big:) Tavin loved it though. Other animals we liked were: Monkeys, sea lions, penguins, and the 500 pound Tortoise. The flamingos were surprisingly smelly-they like to stand in mud.


Katie's Favorite part was feeding the goats in the kids petting zoo. They really liked her a lot too!


Fact that I learned: did you know that turtles can come out of their shells like on cartoons-the shell actually grows with the turtle and is connected to its spine.


I like watching and learning about animals so much-I could probably bring a lounge chair and sit it outside their cages to watch what they do all day:) My favorite is still the giraffe house though at the zoo in UT.



















No comments: