Thursday, August 25, 2011

Look What I Found in The Fridge!



As some of you know, we have been working non-stop on our house for the last month-day and night-to get things in good enough condition to try and sell it. Dan came to me one day and just said-I think it is time for us to sell our house-and as usual-things were set into motion quite quickly. We met with the Realtor and he gave us some advise on how to get our house sold-which meant a lot of work on our part. I never knew it took so much preparation to sell a house. I just figured you said "yeah let's sell it" and put it on the market-if you really want to sell a house in a bad market though, that isn't how it goes. We have spent the time and money to put in new hard wood flooring, new counter tops, re-did the walls in our second bathroom, and had the outside painted from baby blue to a brown and cream color. I guess if we don't sell it, we have a much nicer house to live in right!


We are looking to move to make room for our growing family-we have pretty much grown out of this house, and Dan is feeling out the waters for a new job. Our new home might be in Rexburg, Salt Lake, or Boise-depending on job offers and how we feel. It went on the market officially today.


Now for the picture explanation above....while we were redoing things in our kitchen, our fridge was temporarily located in our living room:) When it was time to move it again, it was too heavy with all the food in it, so we had to unload everything. When empty, the kids found it to be a great place to play in. I gave them a flash light and let them have their fun-there has been way too much stress around the house lately and not enough of play and fun.....hopefully this will change now that things have calmed down for the time being. I just have to keep the house clean 24/7 in case someone wants to buy our house.....yeah this is no small task with kids:) Just shows you can find and make fun in most any place-such as a fridge!


While taking on this project of remodeling and selling our house, I had the privilege of stepping on a nail while trying to get the lawn mowed for the Realtor to come take pictures. We didn't want to mow on Sunday so Saturday night I was out there mowing away at dusk trying to get it done while my dad and Dan were finishing up the kitchen base boards. I was bare foot-I know I know, stupid of me. I just hate ruining shoes with grass stains-so i do it in my bare feet and then take a shower. In all the years that I have mowed the lawn bare foot, not once have I had a problem. So, I didn't expect this time to be any different. Well when the people were painting the house, they knocked an old board off our fence and when I was backing up to turn the lawn mower, I found the old rusty nails in the board. Yeah it was really a sickening feeling and I almost fainted. So at 10:30 at night, Mason drove me to the hospital to get a Tetanus. At least the shot is good for 10 years right!


My arm still feels like someone punched me about 100 times but I am thankful that no infection has broke out in my foot and I am now able to walk normally again. The bed I got to hang out in while waiting for the doctor was really comfy though and the nurse was nice enough to give me the remote to the TV while I was waiting:) Oh and the doctor said it was actually a good thing that I wasn't wearing shoes....if the rubber from the soul of a shoe were to get up into my foot when the nail punctured, it could lead into much worse problems.


Now to just cross our fingers and pray for someone to like our house-your prayers are much appreciated:) The Realtor called tonight and said there are already 2 potential buyers to come look at it...that is good right considering it is only the first day!

A very special thanks to family who have taken the time to come out and help with this overwhelming project-both in watching my children and keeping me sane, and helping with projects that went until 1 in the morning some nights! I am so very thankful! We couldn't have completed all we needed to in such a short amount of time with out you.







No comments: