Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pretty Much a Perfect Kind of Day!

Have you ever been asked the question: If you could describe your perfect day what would it be? Well a couple of weeks ago while visiting an Aunt in CA I experienced exactly that-"MY PERFECT KIND OF DAY" A beautiful sunny California day with blue skies and a subtle breeze blowing every now and then on the beach. The sound of people chatting, kids laughing, and the feeling of relaxation in the air. Warm sand under my bare feet and my family enjoying life all around me. As a mom there is nothing more satisfying than watching your children discover life's mysteries and wonders. 

 Tavin drying off and resting after a "hard" couple hours jumping waves, building sand castles, catching sand crabs, and collecting shells. He loved playing with his cousins who came from Riverside CA to spend the day with us. We wish they lived closer-crossing our fingers and our toes for that to become a reality in the future:) There is nothing like a nap on the beach!

 Livy's first time actually aware of the sites and sounds of the beach. Last time we came, she was only a couple months old. I could just see her mind reeling as her senses experienced for the first time, what the beach is all about. She decided she liked the sand-and didn't even mind it when her fishy crackers had some on them....just made them a little crunchier right!:) She had no reservations about being dirty and enjoyed being covered/covering other people with sand. The water was a little bit of a different story-its' enormity was a little overwhelming and she was hesitant to stand in it on her own. Luckily her daddy was there to hold her and assure her it was OK:)


 Daniel enjoying some of that relaxation time:) He played hard too! His favorite: boogie boarding



And here is the beach babe herself:) She, out of everyone, LOVED the beach the most! She tried everything with no fear. Dan even taught her how to do a little boogie boarding on the small waves coming into shore. I loved her excitement and enthusiasm for it all. Maybe because she reminds me so much of my younger self....spending hours finding/or in her words, saving the shells in buckets...chasing the waves, and wanting to create master pieces in the sand.
 I am so glad I have these guys with me for eternity! There is no better people to spend my perfect day with than them....including our new addition in my belly-graham!


ALL the MANY shells we collected and washed and hauled home with us to UT:) She is very proud of them. I am still searching for craft she can do to preserve them as a memory of our day. Maybe just a jar for her to put on the shelf by her bed.

No comments: