Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Things Tavin Does




Here are some of the things that Tavin has learned after one year on this earth:


Elmo-there is just something about that red furry singing monster that captivates Tavin's attention every morning while he eats breakfast. That's OK with us, because I like Elmo way more than Barney and I find Mr Noodle quite entertaining at times(I must not get out enough)


His favorite songs from elmo are "C is for Cookie" and "We found Ernie"-the words are repetitive so Dan and I got them down the first 2 times of the tapes we've watched about 30 times now. Dan even makes up dances to them-Tavin enjoys this very much!


Bath time used to be the thing to do-but now Tavin has discovered the magical word of showers. He even has figured out to catch the water in his mouth as it comes down. If we have tired out every toy we have in the house, I can always count on the shower to entertain him for as long as I will let him stay in.


When he is really tired, he laughs ang giggles when Dan and I put him down for a nap or for bed time. It is almost as if he is saying, oh finally, thank you! He follows after his mommy when it comes to enjoy a good nap.


And when he sleeps he always has to have his blanky draped on the side of his face.


One of my favorite things he has learned-just recently actually-is that he can run after our dog luna while in his walker in the kitchen. She doesnt enjoy this activity as much as he does-but that is the fun of it I think. He chases while she runs away. And if he finally catches up to her and runs into her-he laughs really hard! He even has figured out how to yank the table cloth off the kitchen table so that he can see her when she hides underneath it. Or, when she goes onto the carpet, he will sit and wait right at the edge until she steps into the kitchen again. It is mean, but sometimes I'll call her in just so he can chace her. She is a good sport though.


Tavin sings with the congragation in church and primary-he has always been a fan of music-ever since he was first born. In this, he takes after his dad.


Tavin has learned to blow rasberries and usually likes to do it right in the middle of sacrament when everything is quiet:)


He is an all fruit eater, never took to the vegetables so we have to sneek them in when we can. He has taken well to normal food though and has realized that anything that mommy and daddy are eating is better than baby food. He uses his "num num num" to comunicate that he wants some.


He is the most flexible baby I have ever seen! And this is how he gets around-doing splits and pulling himself forward.
Well I think I am the only one that would read all this, so I will stop for now.

No comments: